iMindMap is feature-rich software utility that sports a highly interactive interface and intuitive features for creating mind maps, which can help you better manage ideas and tasks, even throughout group brainstorming sessions.
The app takes quite a while to load the working environment at the first run. It comes packed with a help documentation and video tutorials on how to use its features to your best interest.
A project can be started from scratch or you can choose a template from a wide array of options, organized into general, personal, educational, business and 3D enhanced categories.
The initial phase of a mind map focues on defining the central idea, after which other ideas are branched out as they flow. It is possible to create subdivisions of branches, build a child map, as well as insert flowing texts and charts, along with links, text and audio notes, sketches and spreadsheets.
The mind map can be translated into 3D or presentation viewing mode with the click of a button in the ribbon bar. You can clean up the layout, use a search function, manage an icon and image library, edit SmartLayout settings (branch style, spacing, auto condense), customize the design (e.g. background color, layout), as well as apply a spellchecker to review your project.
The project or just parts of it can be exported to audio notes, PDFs and documents, images, interactive presentations, OPML files, spreadsheets, and other formats.
iMindMap uses a pretty high amount of RAM and low CPU. It is very responsive to key strokes and mouse events, and performed well throughout our evaluation. We have not come across any issues, since the app did not hang, crash or show error notifications. Overall, iMindMap proves to be a reliable software solution to creating mind maps using attractive and powerful features.
Here are some key features of "iMindMap":
- World’s only official Mind Mapping software:
- iMindMap is the only software product that fully duplicates Tony Buzan's renowned Mind Mapping techniques
- Fully organic:
- iMindMap allows you to create completely organic looking Mind Maps
- AutoLayout & Styles:
- Automatically organise your maps and choose one of 10 different styles settings from organic to radial to linear
- Expand and collapse branches:
- Show or hide branches whilst you work or present, maximising your workspace
- Focus in and out:
- ‘Focus in’ to make a branch your central idea whilst you map, ‘focus out’ to add your new ideas to your Mind Map
- Child Maps:
- Create Child Mind Maps for any branch(es) within your Mind Map any bi-directionally link between them
- Microsoft Office integration:
- Complete Office integration for ALL users even if you don’t have Office installed
- OpenOffice.org integration:
- Complete OpenOffice.org integration for ALL users even if you don’t have Open Office installed
- Export as SVG:
- Export your Mind Maps as scalable vector graphics to use in packages such as Adobe Illustrator
- e-learning content and courses:
- e-Learning Content Viewer - Supports integrated e learning courses
- Create and deliver your own e-learning courses - Create your own content in Flash. Then integrate into iMindMap via a simple API and deliver to your audience
- Import M.Manager Maps (.XML)
- Import Free Mind Maps